Matthew 20:1-16 (August 19)

5:30 PM 0 Comments A + a -

REFLECTION QUESTION: When you see “sinners” repent after a life of sin, do you feel irritated and think of God as unfair?


To be honest I will feel irritated at first because of all the bad things that they did in their lives, do they actually believe that they will be forgiven? But then I realise that everyone dos deserve a second chance no matter how bad they were before. People around them may not be able to believe them or accept it at first but I think that we should encourage them and not hold them back, especially if they're turning for the better. 

It was also shown in the Gospel how the workers who worked all day still received the minimum wage complained about their money even if they bared the heat of the sun the whole day. I read on the reflection that  " We cannot earn what God gives us. What God gives out of the goodness of His heart, what He gives is not pay, but a gift — not a reward, but a grace. Fr. Rudy Horst, SVD"

And that is what i am taking with me today.